Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve...


I LOVE Christmas Eve! I think I sometimes enjoy it more than Christmas day. There are so many beautiful memories linked to Christmas Eve that will always stick with me, and I still get that giddy feeling when crawling into bed this night. There is something about the day that is incredibly magical and wonderous. We went to church as a family, like we do every year, and mass was just lovely. It reminds us all of the true reason we celebrate. It is humbling, really, to hear the hum of silent night within the decorated church. The warmth that the church is filled with is so different than any other day. We came home to open some snazzy new pajamas, another delightful tradition!
Tonight, I am thankful for my family. I feel really blessed this holiday season. My family has been so strong and supportive for me, especially this past year, and they are always a soft place to land when life is too bumpy to handle on my own. I am blessed to be falling asleep in a warm home. I am blessed to be able to wake up tomorrow to fancy gifts wrapped and tucked under the tree. Tonight, look around. What are your blessings? Count them :)
I look forward to a morning filled with gifts and smiles. Dad puts on a Santa hat and passes out our gifts, and for the entire morning, we are all 5 years old again {just as it should be}. We will then make our way to Gramma and Grampa's house to exchange more gifts, laughs, and memories of Christmas past. How beautiful the day will be. I am bursting with excitement and anticipation!
Have a blessed, merry, and happy Christmas! Please let your heart be filled with childlike wonder and warmth! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment